Voluntary Work Placements are normally two weeks duration. Hiberno-English Ireland offers groups of students and individual students opportunity to learn/improve their English through the work place. The experience helps to increase personal development i.e. organisational skills and confidence. It will enhance your CV [Curriculum Vitae] and give you experience of working life. Voluntary Work Placements can be for a duration of four weeks upon request.
- Office environment, Estate Agents, Legal offices, Accountants, Political office.
- Hotel and catering environment , bars, restaurants and cafes.
- Equestrian centre, Garden centres, Factories.
- Art galleries, Museums, Tourism Industry
- Laboratory Technician
If there is a placement of interest to a student not listed, we would be happy to know and we will do our best to accommodate.
It is necessary that the schools insurance policy covers students to participate in Hiberno-English Ireland's programmes.
- Students who take on a voluntary work placement must be covered by the insurance.
- Travel insurance is not sufficient.
- It is unlikely that students will be covered by work placement company.
- It is the responsibility of the school and teacher[s] to ensure insurance policies are valid.
- It is the responsibility of teachers to ensure all students take a copy of the valid insurance policy for their work placement to view.
- Students are required to arrange private health/travel insurance to cover any unforeseen circumstances medically during their stay in Ireland.
It is necessary to bring a copy of each students insurance policy and a European health insurance card. The card will provide free access to hospital, doctor and some dental assistance.